We invite you to start a LIFE SKILLS Club at your Middle or High School or Community College
Or check out your other options for personal growth, leadership and helping others
How good a job is your school doing in UPLIFTING you emotionally and mentally, helping you not overthink and make better decisions, and giving you more confidence in a variety of life situations?
When schools add strong non-academic Personal Life Skills training, it's a WOW! Those skills become an essential part of feeling good, creating success, and having really positive relationships now and later.
The experience called Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) is like getting a superpower—you navigate life’s challenges with confidence, resilience, and understanding. Add Financial Literacy-and 2X WOW!
It's very likely your GRADES will improve along with your emotional state and relationship intelligence.
We'll help you advocate for the inclusion of SEL-based life skills in your school's curriculum.
A message from Livi Redden, chair of the EQuip Our Kids! Youth Advisory Board
Here are options to help yourself and others. You gain community service
credits, LEADERSHIP SKILLS, and experiences for college applications.
Be the Leader of Change. Ignite a student-led Life Skills for Success club at your school.
Ready to make a real difference at your school? Take the lead and start a student-led Life Skills for Success club focused on Social-Emotional Learning (SEL), financial smarts and wellness. Whether you’re starting from scratch or adding SEL elements to an existing club, this is your chance to create a safe space for open discussions, build vital leadership skills, explore big feelings, build strong bonds and supercharge your emotional intelligence.
This can be as simple as talking to your teachers and principal about the importance of SEL, or organizing a group of students to present a proposal to the principal or school board for life skills curriculum in classes as well as in a club.
EQuip Our Kids! has got your back with free guidance, handbooks packed with practical tips, referrals to training sessions led by experts, creative ideas, and access to inspiring guest speakers. Together, we’ll make sure your Personal Life Skills journey is a major success!
Join our Youth Advisory Board. Shape the future of education.
Are you ready to make a lasting impact on education nationwide? Join our Youth Advisory Board and become an influential voice in the movement. As a member, aged 13 to 21, you’ll have unique opportunities to lead, network with like-minded students from across the country, and leave a lasting imprint on education for future generations. You’ll gain invaluable leadership experience, connect with passionate peers, and contribute your valuable insights to shape the future of Life Skills education. Your voice matters; together, we can create positive change and empower students everywhere.
Spark Change. Be a social-media ambassador and help friends and others get these skills – or provide them yourself.
Ready to be a force for change online? Become a social media ambassador for EQuip Our Kids! and help us spread the message of Life Skills and Social-Emotional Learning far and wide. Your voice has the power to make a difference among your peers and in the broader community.
As a social media ambassador, you’ll have the opportunity to share compelling messages, create engaging content, and raise awareness about the importance of these life skills. By leveraging your online presence, you can inspire others to embrace SEL and its positive impact. Plus, we’ll provide training in professional-level social marketing techniques to enhance your influence and reach.
If you’ve personally experienced the benefits of this learning, your story is invaluable. Share your journey, wisdom, and insights directly with others, inspiring them to embark on their Life Skills path.
Ready to unleash your influence and help shape a brighter future? Become a social media ambassador now!
Here's what you'll gain if you haven't already learned these skills.
- Lifelong skills to deal with overthinking, feeling overwhelmed, stressed, anxious, or isolated, especially after Covid-19 impacts your school and life. Basically, it is a skills path to feeling good, to thought wellness, and self-confidence. Plus, guidance on physical wellness.
- Skills to develop good friends, have excellent relationships, handle conflicts, be creative, and achieve your highest goals.
- Better habits, more productivity and, less laziness and procrastination, clearer minds. Leading almost always to higher grades now, greater college or job entry prospects, and later academic and career successes.
- A great sense of positive, supportive community as you avoid feeling isolated and join your peers in upping your emotional intelligence and skills in communicating, collaborating, and being your best self.
- Being more appealing to employers. According to the World Economic Forum, 8 of the top 10 job skills employers need for 2025 relate to self-management, working with people, and problem-solving.
- Financial Literacy smarts about how the economy works as essential life skills adjunct to emotional and social life skills.
- Developing practical and interpersonal leadership skills for guiding yourself, projects, and groups
Sign up and we’ll send you information about the options for you listed above.
EQuip Our Kids! is a national nonprofit campaign raising needed awareness about and support for EQ life skills.
Our goal is comprehensive EQ life skills instruction in every U.S. preK – 12 classroom by 2030. We don’t charge for our help.