We invite you to be a Leader/Ambasador and
bring LIFE SKILLS and EQ LEARNING to your
school. + Other options for personal growth
and helping others.
How good a job is your middle school, high school or community
college doing in UPLIFTING you emotionally and mentally? In
helping you not overthink and make better decisions? And in
giving you more confidence in a variety of life situations,
including time management and resolving conflicts?
When schools add strong non-academic Personal Life Skills
training, it's a sheesh! Those skills become an essential part of
feeling good about yourself, creating success, communicating
with confidence, and having positive relationships now and later.
The experience called Social-Emotional Learning or SEL is like
getting a superpower—you navigate life’s challenges with
confidence, resilience, and understanding. Add Financial Literacy-
and it's 2X great.
It's very likely your grades will improve along with your emotional
state and relationship intelligence.
We'll help you advocate for the inclusion of SEL-based life skills in
your school or provide you resources to form an afterschool
group on or off campus. You will get to choose from a menu of
skills our experts will teach you at no charge.
A message from Livi Redden, co-chair of the EQuip Our Kids! Youth Advisory Board
Here are options to help yourself and others. You gain community service
credits, LEADERSHIP SKILLS, and experiences for college applications.
Be the Leader of Change. Ignite a student-led Life Skills for Success opportunity at your school.
Ready to make a real difference at your school? To take the lead and help facilitate Life Skills for Success focused on Social-Emotional Learning (SEL), financial smarts and wellness?
Whether you’re starting from scratch to get your school to add this learning experience, or gathering other students to gain this learning independent of the school (provided free by us), or possibly even adding elements of it to an existing school club, this is your chance to create a safe space for open discussions, explore big feelings, uplift group mental and emotional health, build strong bonds and supercharge your emotional intelligence.
Can be as simple as organizing a group of students to present a proposal to your principal for life skills curriculum in classes or, if not possible, choosing subjects you’d like us to cover for the group outside school via zoom sessions.
EQuip Our Kids! will help in either case. Together, we’ll make sure your and other students Personal Life Skills journey is a win!
Join our Youth Advisory Board. Shape the future of education.
Are you ready to make a lasting impact on education nationwide? Join our Youth Advisory Board and become an influential voice in the movement. As a member, aged 13 to 21, you’ll have unique opportunities to lead, network with like-minded students from across the country, and leave a lasting imprint on education for future generations. You’ll gain valuable leadership experience, connect with passionate peers, and contribute your valuable insights to shape the future of Life Skills education. Your voice matters – together, we can create positive change and empower students everywhere.
Spark Change. Be a social-media ambassador and help friends and others get these skills – or provide them yourself.
Another option: You can be a force for change online. Become a social media ambassador for EQuip Our Kids! and help us spread the message of Life Skills and Social-Emotional Learning to peers locally or nationally. Your voice has the power to make a difference among your peers and even in the adult community.
As a social media ambassador, you’ll share compelling messages, create engaging content, and raise awareness about the importance of these life skills and its positive impact. Plus, we’ll provide free training in professional-level social marketing techniques to enhance your influence and reach.
If you’ve already experienced the benefits of this learning, your story is invaluable. Share your journey, wisdom, and insights directly with others, inspiring them to embark on their Life Skills path.
Ready to unleash your influence and help shape a brighter future?
Here's what you'll gain if you haven't already learned these skills.
- Lifelong skills to deal with overthinking, feeling overwhelmed, stressed, anxious, or isolated. Basically, it is a skills path to feeling good, to thought wellness, and to self-confidence. Plus, guidance on physical wellness.
- Skills to develop good friends, have excellent relationships, handle conflicts, be creative, and achieve your highest goals.
- Better habits, more productivity and, less laziness and procrastination, clearer minds. Leading almost always to higher grades now, greater college or job entry prospects, and later academic and career successes.
- A great sense of positive, supportive community as you avoid feeling isolated and join your peers in upping your emotional intelligence and skills in communicating, collaborating, and being your best self.
- Being more appealing to employers. According to the World Economic Forum, 8 of the top 10 job skills employers need for 2025 and beyond relate to self-management, working with people, and problem-solving.
- Financial Literacy smarts about how the economy works as essential life skills adjunct to emotional and social life skills.
- Developing practical and interpersonal leadership skills for guiding yourself, projects, and groups
Sign up and we’ll send you information about the options for you listed above.
EQuip Our Kids! is a national nonprofit campaign raising needed awareness about and support for EQ life skills.
Our goal is comprehensive EQ life skills instruction in every U.S. preK – 12 classroom by 2030. We don’t charge for our help.