Start a Life Skills for Success Club at Your Middle School, High School or Community College.
We'll Help! And you can help others.
Learning includes uplifting yourself mentally and emotionally and becoming more confident and capable in a variety of life situations, including current ones. It's not just grades.
Strong non-academic Life Skills are an essential part of creating success, positive relationships and happiness in your life.
A message from Livi Redden, chair of the EQuip Our Kids! Youth Advisory Board
Here are three options for how we can help you and you can help others while gaining leadership skills, volunteer credits and experience for graduation and college applications.
Start a student-led Life Skills for Success group at your school with our guidance.
Or help add this element to an existing club. Or become active in getting your school to provide this learning. We’ll help you get started by providing free handbooks, training, event , ideas, speakers, and more.
Sign up for our Youth Advisory Board.
We need your guidance to help build this national movement. It’s a great leadership experience for students ages 12 to 21. See current members.
Share these opportunities with your friends and social media tribe.
You can make a difference sharing our support messages or creating your own. Even get trained by us in social-media effectiveness. There’s an additional role for you if you have experienced social-emotional or character development learning, love the results, and are willing to help others learn from you directly.
Here's what you'll gain if you haven't already learned these skills:
- Lifelong skills to deal with feeling overwhelmed, stressed, anxious, or isolated, especially after Covid-19’s impact on your school and life. Basically, a skills path to improved emotional wellness. Plus guidance on physical wellness.
- Skills to develop good friends, have excellent relationships, handle conflicts, be creative and achieve your highest goals.
- Better habits, more productivity and less laziness and procrastination, clearer minds. Leading likely to higher grades now and greater college or job entry prospects and later academic and career successes.
- A great sense of supportive community as you avoid feeling isolated and join your peers in upping your emotional intelligence and skills in communicating, collaborating, and being your best self.
- Being more appealing to employers. According to the World Economic Forum, 8 of the top 10 job skills employers need for 2025 relate to self-management, working with people, and problem solving.
- Financial Literacy smarts about how the economy works as an important life skills adjunct to emotional and social life skills.
- Developing practical and interpersonal leadership skills for guiding yourself, projects, and groups
Sign up and we’ll send you information about the options for you listed above.
EQuip Our Kids! is a national nonprofit campaign raising needed awareness about and support for EQ life skills.
Our goal is comprehensive EQ life skills instruction in every U.S. preK – 12 classroom by 2030. We don’t charge for our help.