We invite you to start a LIFE SKILLS Club at your Middle or High School or Community College
Or check out your other options for personal growth, leadership and helping others
WE GOTTA TALK. Adding strong non-academic life skills is an essential part of creating success, positive relationships and HAPPINESS in your life.
You learn to UPLIFT yourself emotionally and mentally, stop overthinking, make better decisions, and become more CONFIDENT and capable in a variety of life situations, including current challenges.
It's very likely your GRADES will improve along with your emotional and relationship intelligence.
**And if you've already learned a lot of these skills, including social and emotional, we've definitely got a DIFFERENCE-MAKER role for you also.
A message from Livi Redden, chair of the EQuip Our Kids! Youth Advisory Board
Here are options to help yourself and others. You gain community service
credits, LEADERSHIP SKILLS, and experiences for college applications.
Want to start a student-led Life Skills for Success club at your school ?
Or help add this element to an existing club, or get your school to provide this learning. We’ll provide free guidance, handbooks, training, events , ideas and speakers.
Want to join our Youth Advisory Board?
We need your guidance to help build this national movement. It’s a super leadership experience for students ages 13 to 21 and you’ll meet others from around the country.
Want to be a social-media ambassador and help friends and others get these skills – or provide them yourself?
You can make a difference sharing/creating messages – even get trained in pro-level social-marketing. And if you’ve experienced social-emotional learning, you can help others learn from you directly.
Here's what you'll gain if you haven't already learned these skills.
- Lifelong skills to deal with overthinking, feeling overwhelmed, stressed, anxious, or isolated, especially after Covid-19’s impact on your school and life. Basically, a skills path to improved emotional and thought wellness. Plus guidance on physical wellness.
- Skills to develop good friends, have excellent relationships, handle conflicts, be creative and achieve your highest goals.
- Better habits, more productivity and less laziness and procrastination, clearer minds. Leading almost always to higher grades now and greater college or job entry prospects and later academic and career successes.
- A great sense of supportive community as you avoid feeling isolated and join your peers in upping your emotional intelligence and skills in communicating, collaborating, and being your best self.
- Being more appealing to employers. According to the World Economic Forum, 8 of the top 10 job skills employers need for 2025 relate to self-management, working with people, and problem solving.
- Financial Literacy smarts about how the economy works as an important life skills adjunct to emotional and social life skills.
- Developing practical and interpersonal leadership skills for guiding yourself, projects, and groups
Sign up and we’ll send you information about the options for you listed above.
EQuip Our Kids! is a national nonprofit campaign raising needed awareness about and support for EQ life skills.
Our goal is comprehensive EQ life skills instruction in every U.S. preK – 12 classroom by 2030. We don’t charge for our help.