Founder, EQuip Our Kids! and SEL4CA. Founder, editor, and President, LA Weekly
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence and Social-Emotional Learning
- Advocating for Social-Emotional Learning in Schools
- Kids’ Stress, Mental Health, and Social-Emotional Learning
- Emotional Intelligence, Workforce Development, and Career Success
- The Research Supporting Social-Emotional Learning
Los Angeles, Connecticut
Contact us for pricing on live events and custom presentations.
Jay is Founder, President and Executive Director of the EQuip Our Kids! Campaign. Generally acknowledged as a media pioneer, he is founder and former CEO and Editor-in-Chief of multiple award-winning and greatly successful and record-breaking LA Weekly newspaper. After selling the newspaper, he has focused on three areas of activity:
(1) Non-profit organizations, of which he has launched or co-launched five, including Fix Our America (money out of politics), the Community Media Project (poverty and job development), The Committee of Concern for Central America (human rights), and now EQuip Our Kids! and The California Social-Emotional Learning Alliance. He has also served on the advisory board of other non-profits, including the Liberty Hill Foundation (which earlier honored him as Man of the Year, as did the Office of the Americas) and the Green Business Network.
(2) Starting, growing or saving media properties that have social value. Mr. Levin is knowledgeable about most elements of media and marketing, including developing sponsorships from major companies, and has a wide network of business and institutional allies and talent.
(3) As a successful if very part-time life and executive coach for 20 years, this based on his life-long interest in and study of human development, in which he is trained as a practitioner, including via a Master’s Degree program in spiritual psychology. The same inner-and-outer-world management skills that constitute adult social and emotional learning, he believes, are even more effective with – and more easily adopted by – children.