Why do Google, Allstate, the Business Roundtable and others support emotional intelligence and social skills learning?
why do Google, Allstate, the Business Roundtable and others support emotional intelligence and social skills learning?
It’s time for your business to take emotional intelligence and related life skills learning seriously. It seeds business profits – and humanity’s overall wellbeing. Like STEM, It deserves to be universally taught preK-12. Educators mostly call it Social and Emotional Learning (SEL).
Contact us and we’ll show you at no charge how to benefit right now with customers and employees, and in the future, from this game-changing, workplace-uplifting learning.
Tomorrow's Workforce Needs SEL Today
March 10, 2023
2 pm Pacific / 5 pm Eastern
The recent World Economic Forum highlighted the top skills that students need for jobs in the ever-evolving future. Foundational SEL concepts dominate the list: resilience, perseverance, communication, conflict resolution, goal setting, and self-regulation.
How can educators, families, and employers collaborate today to build these skills for the next generation’s success tomorrow? Panelists from business and education will share how these two spheres can, and must, come together for excellence today and tomorrow.
This event is one session in the day-long SEL Day Summit. Register for SEL Day to learn more.
the Surgeon General declared a Youth Mental Health Crisis...and asks your business to help - for both the kids' sake and your own.
U.S. Surgeon General Murthy is seeking rapid expansion of Social Emotional Learning (SEL) curriculum in all schools to deal with what he called the unprecedented child and youth mental health “devastation” resulting from Covid disruptions. Noting that “the future wellbeing of our country” is at risk, he called on “the whole of society,” including businesses, to step up for these kids so they can learn how to manage their emotional and mental states, reclaim their capacity for learning, and gain the life skills for success that SEL provides.
The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry weighed in with concerns that many currently disturbed children face a lifetime of emotional problems compounded by learning difficulties. Unless there is rescue now, many will become a tremendous workforce, society and American family crisis, draining money from the economy in place of the positive, highly creative and economy-growth force that SEL develops.
benefits for your business.
Alliance with and early profits from a huge market of 55 million parents of kids under 18, 40 million grandparents (plus many educators) who buy a vast array of products & services.
- A path to a highly improved and more creative workforce.
- A generator of economic growth and prosperity.
- A way to help save some of the millions of hurting kids and youths from a life of trauma and need – and get credit for it and feel good about it.
- A pathway to healthier and more prosperous communities.
- A super positive game-changer for the way humans relate to themselves and to everyone else – and to the world.
- A pathway also to much lower societal ills and health costs because less crime, violence, addiction and better physical and mental health among EQ/SEL students and as adults.
what are business leaders saying about SEL?
Leaders from Allstate, KPMG, Microsoft, Southwest Airlines and more know the value of emotional intelligence on the job.
Download this short presentation to learn more.
more than grades.
Virtually every adult who has learned about SEL says “I wish I had that experience in school when I was a kid.”
SEL is the game changer
that we all need to support.
IQ is not enough.
Good grades are not enough.
contact us for no-charge expert help.
- Presentations and workshops for your parenting customers and employees featuring SEL experts who will help them. You’ll gain the audience’s appreciation. View our roster of speakers.
- Successful social media and advertising messages that will gain brand attention.
- Guidance on how best to support SEL in your home communities.
- A meeting with U.S. SEL leaders – even with your C-Suite and board – to learn the big picture of SEL in dealing with a changing world that requires far greater employee creativity and talent upskills, including crucial life skills, for businesses to stay relevant. We work closely with many of these experts.
Our payback – as an independent nonprofit with no financial stake in the outcome – is your help in advancing this learning.
a more complete education for a better workforce.
In a recent Business Roundtable/Change the Equation survey, 98% of CEOs reported they have problems “finding candidates with the competencies and training to fill open positions” – at all skill levels. Numerous surveys of employers indicate that while applicants may be technically proficient, many don’t have the skills needed to be productive members of the organization. Highly relevant are studies which show that since 1980, almost all U.S. job growth has been in occupations that require strong social skills.
The National Network of Business and Industry Associations, which represents employers from major economic sectors, has created a roadmap for employers, potential employees, and educators that identifies fundamental skills for employability. These common employability skills provide the foundation for linking the fundamentals to be taught in educational settings to success in career and business productivity.
Employers of course want to hire and retain employees who have the ability to think critically and work effectively with others. Research shows that the skills taught in SEL curricula also have wider-ranging benefits that affect a young person’s success in school, career, and life and which also benefit the economy – and can pay for themselves many times over.
Unfortunately, a recent World Economic Forum report found that SEL is being insufficiently prioritized in educational policy development. Meanwhile, a recent survey found that 80% of parents want their schools to teach the exact skills SEL imparts but most don’t know this learning exists. Let’s close the gap.
our campaign goals.
- By 2030 universal implementation of comprehensive SEL in U.S. preK to 12 education.
- Support for EQ and SEL from the business and professional communities that matches or exceeds support for STEM (science, technology, engineering and math).
- Restoring life viability to the enormous number of kids now mental-health challenged by their Covid-time experience.
- Every year a growing large number of parenting families adopt EQ and SEL practices in their homes.